Welcome to Quality 990
The Quality 990 (qual990.org) website encompasses a number of projects and activities to improve the quality of IRS Form 990 reporting by nonprofit organizations.
Efile with the IRS today!
Efiling through the NCCS 990 Online system now available.
UPDATES ON FORM 990
ACCOUNTING AND REPORTING ISSUES
Why is Quality 990 Important?
- ComplianceFiling an accurate and complete Form 990 with the IRS and state charity officials is the law.
- Public AccountabilityWith the new IRS regulations, anyone can request a copy of any nonprofit organization's Form 990.
- Public RelationsThe Internet is making the Form 990 more widely available than ever before.
- Primary Source of DataForm 990 is the most commonly used data source about nonprofit organizations
- Policy MakingAccurate Form 990 data will help policy makers develop the most effective ways of helping the sector, and allow nonprofits to better defend themselves against ill-advised legislative initiatives.
Achieving Quality 990 Reporting
Nonprofit leaders have created projects and partnerships to help organizations meet these challenges of accountability and quality reporting.
- Nonprofit Accountability Collaboratives: 990-NACs990-NACs are forums to bring together the people and organizations involved with Form 990: nonprofits who file it, accountants who prepare it, regulators who monitor it, and the public who trusts the nonprofit sector. Working together, 990-NAC participants can guide the nonprofit sector to high standards of accountability.
- 990-NAC Tool KitFor information on suggested activities and resources to start a 990-NAC in your area, download the 990-NAC Tool Kit.
Comments and questions may be
sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
www.qual990.org is maintained and hosted by the Urban Institute.